• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Where's your Sugar at? Or, what have You learned lately?

Today, my sugar is at "good" after having read an inspiring piece at VICE: "Finding Love with Herpes, Thanks to STI-Positive Online Dating". The author talks a good game in favor of online dating and interviews a couple who met on a herpes dating site

Note: I'm not selling the idea, but more and more, I hear from others (STI-positive or not) about the power of online dating.

I've learned lately that I'm too keen on isolating myself. True, I'm a Lone Wolf, but sometimes a Lone Wolf wants to partner up with another Lone Wolf for walks in the moonlight.

Read the story of that couple here: http://www.vice.com/read/finding-love-with-herpes-thanks-to-sti-positive-online-dating-396?utm_source=vicetwitterus

YOUR TURN.

Where's your Sugar at? Or, what have You learned lately?

I have a man who is seriously Woo-ing and Pursuing me who I met on Plenty Of Fish who read about my status before we ever met ... and he's ok with it.

I *personally* haven't done well with the STI-dating sites because there are so few guys in my area on there and even fewer I'd want to meet/date. Many (in my experience) want to isolate themselves and only date someone who is "damaged like them" - and I don't want to date someone with that belief..... but again, that is me .. and given how "out" I am, anyone who is with me will need to understand that likely all his friends will know he's dating "a girl with Herpes" at some point, because I'm a very outspoken advocate and I won't compromise that for anyone...

That said, I know that those sites DO help many people find love ... or at least to get their sexy back while they are healing, and that is a GOOD thing :)

Great article :)

Today I learned, or rather continue to show to my stubborn self, that the more I want another person or a group to validate my worth, the more I feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree with the fervor of a Chihuahua.

I see that I have to let others be. And most importantly, I see I have to leave myself alone.

Your turn: what did you learn today, sugar?

today i learned that just because I live in a great cozy sugary house in bergen county NJ, that I'm not gonna get a romantic partner, or anything for that matter, helicoptered in.

I have to go out there to get/find/achieve it - and that means doing the footwork. Giving, giving and giving is what makes the receiving possible.

I also learned that when I call people back and they don't return my call right away, I get real jaded real quick and dismiss the person altogether. Again, the receiving is not the point. It's what's going out (of me) what matters.

I've known all this. Now I see that I also forget if I don't stay on point. Ha!

YOUR TURN: what have you learned lately? where's your sugar at?