• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question about shaving between herpes outbreaks?

So, it's been two and a half weeks since I was diagnosed with herpes. I've felt everything from suicidal to homocidal (thank God my giver lives a few hours away, lol). I can honestly say, the darkness is starting to lift, hence the new name, and my attitude towards herpes is shifting...thanks to each and every one of you. You might not have posted on my story directly, but with every discussion and message of support to one another, I grow stronger. I can't thank you all enough.

I still have questions, and probably always will. I've decided to make some big changes in my life, and make herpes work for me. I've let myself go a little over the years, and this is my motivation to take my body back and start taking care of me! What a wonderful feeling!!! Focusing on me again :)!!! This has brought me to my question of the day. Can I still shave my nether region if I'm not having a herpes outbreak? For the past 15 years, I've grown accustomed to being pretty bald eagle, if you catch my drift....but since my first herpes outbreak, I barely recognize the jungle that has become my vagina lol. I want to feel like myself "down there" again, I feel sexier when I'm hairless lol. I've been cleared up for about a week now (my first outbreak was SOOO mild compared to some stories I've read...I'm grateful for that), does anyone have any grooming advice? Does it bring on outbreaks or do I just have to avoid shaving during an outbreak?

Thanks in advance and stay strong newbies (and veterans lol). It really does get better, but, attitude is EVERYTHING!!

Much love!!

Brighteyes ;)

Brighteyes!!

I'm loving the new name!! and that the darkness is starting to lift and the attitude towards Herpes is starting to shift. It's so nice to see this happening for you. I remember reading your 1st post and wanting to console you.

When it comes to shaving, I still shave if I have an outbreak, but I shave around my outbreak. I wait until that's healed; or I just go over it VERY lightly. I at least get to feel a bit groomed until the outbreak goes away. I just try to be careful with it :)

Much love back at ya!

-Katie

Hi Brigteyes,

good that you feel better and look more positiv in future :) well I cant suggest to shave short before or in your period.Thats the time the most woman get outbreaks.If you cut yourself when you shaving then there is a possibilty that you get an outbreak ,open wounds are never good.For excamle if its getting summer or winter normly my lips are breaking ,i always get an small outbreak on my mouth and i had the experience that the same happen at my genitals when i am shaving nd cut myself.

like always, everyone is difrently, so maybe i dont do yu any harm ..try and you will see.

un beso.Judith

• 2 years later...

Thanks brighteyes I'm literally going through exactly everything you said the only difference its been about 3 weeks for me. My first out break was pretty bad tho . Now I'm slowly getting my groove back lol & want to clean up down there so reading this was very helpful

Hi Brighteyes!

I was recently diagnosed with HSV2 and I have had similar feelings. It took me about three weeks to start seeing the light. This forum has helped me realize that I am not alone and there are many young people like me who are experiencing the same feelings. Like you, I have also "let myself go" the past couple and find this diagnosis as a reason to start getting back into shape. I am happy to read your post and I wish you the best :)

$arah