• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Coming to terms that my symptoms are H related.

So I am coming to terms that my symptoms are H related. I should have my Western Blot results sometime next week to confirm that I have both HSV1 and HSV2. I thought things were simmering down and I had come off the meds for the past month, but yesterday I had severe twitching in my calves (this is usually after I go for a jog) and tingling in both legs. I then noticed a few red bumps on my back, a few on my right thigh region, and 3 or 4 on my right buttock region. All very itchy. I also had a lot of energy. I think this was anxiety from what was happening to my body again. I picked up a prescription of Valacyclovir 500mg. I took one this morning and the tingling and twitching calmed down. I believe I should stay on this for the next 3 days 500mg x 2 a day? I will probably then stay on 500mg a day for suppressive therapy until things calm down. Here's the funny thing. When the red bumps showed up, I called a local dermatalogist who was able to see me yesterday morning. He took one look at these bumps and said they were not herpes. I asked him to do a swab and he said it would be a waste of time. Does anyone know where I can go to get a swab no matter what the practitioner thinks? Planned Parenthood?

I have gotten swabs at something in my city called medrite urgent care. I wanted a canker sore swabbed (hello paranoia!) and even though the doctor didn't think that's what it was at all, she did it.

I'm very surprised that your dermatologist wouldn't swab it for you. That's kind of crazy, if you want the test for peace of mind they should have done it!!

Btw I have swabbed these red bumps that I have and they have come back negative but I know they are from h.

I agree they probably are from H, but without it being an open sore there is not enough of the virus on the outside of the skin to get a positive result, the virus is under the skin. I'm not sure if cutting into it would help or not.