• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone have feedback about hsv dating sites?

Even before this H-situation, I was feeling pretty down about the dating scene. I'm in the middle of divorce after a long marriage, I'm really not interested in finding another long-term relationship right now, but I don't want to be alone, nor do I want just hook-ups. It's not easy to just stumble into the right mix of things as it is, I imagine adding hsv-positive status to the mix will create more challenges! So I am very curious about hsv-positive dating sites. Anyone willing to share their recent experiences with trying them? Are some known to be better than others? Any words of wisdom?

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with them. When I was first diagnosed, I looked on a herpes dating site, and I was surprised at how few people showed up! Agreed with @2legit2quit, the no picture thing is understandable but makes it a little more difficult...

If you want to try them, go for it. Just remember this, if the pool seems really shallow...

1 in 8 men have HSV-2 (and then add in GHSV-1), but only 20% of those men know they have it. Then only a % of those men are looking to date, and even smaller % might join a positive website...

I don't say this to dismiss the sites or make it sounds dire! Remember, there are many (-) men out there that would want to be with you, too. So, try out a positive website if you'd like, but don't close yourself off from other opportunities 🙂

Also be prepared to possibly see soneone on there you know. I saw a douche bag that is wreckless and w a big mouth on there and he hangs w the same group I do or some of the people. Either way, we all end up at the same big parties and when I saw him, I made my pic private and that only those I liked or emailed coukd see me.