• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Redness remains after herpes outbreak?

I had an outbreak on 5th Jan. for like 8-9 days. All the prodromes, open sore even single itch stopped since then. Buy today I checked and there was still redish, small spots remains around the place that I get outbreak. I have it like 4years now and never left a mark before. This was also minor small 2 spots as usual. I get them 2-3 times a year. This is the first time I found that it was still not normal. Any ideas how to get normal skin again? Does it contains virus? Do you think its still active? Its been 13 days so how long should I wait to see doctor? I am using zinc oxide cream for the skin and valtrex.

Ps. I used valtrex almost 3.5 years daily. Now, I am using episodically for 6 mos. do u think this cause the red marks remained?

Thanks in advance,

Love

Try soaking in epsom salt baths nightly with lots of salt and use bactine spray several times a day. Redness can remain because the virus is still present... I would take precaustions if you're sexually active and hold off until all sigs are gone adn ten days after they're all gone. Outside of taking the meds and teh thigns i listed above, there isnt' a whole lot more you can do, but wait it out.