• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do I really need the meds?

Hey all. I'm back after some time and I can honestly say this isn't as big as a deal as I initially thought it was. However I do have a question. My boyfriend and I have decided we no longer want to use condoms because, to be honest, we both seem to be in it for the long haul. He understands the risks and we don't really talk about it unless we have to talk about it. But now we have to talk about it. Currently I'm not on my meds because he's away and I havent had any outbreaks since the original one in October (thank God) and long story short, I don't see the point in taking the meds. He said he stands behind whatever choice I make because he plans on making it work with me forever (I told him all of this and he's supportive) but I'm split on not taking the meds and upping his chances to 4% or taking it for 2%. I'm nervous. And I know he's an adult and can make his own decisions HOWEVER, I don't want to be responsible for giving it to him and I told him that as well. I do remember a post about someone only taking their meds when they felt it coming but otherwise, not, and having unprotected sex with their partner for years while not passing it. I'm currently at a cross roads, I want to do everything possible not to pass it but I also don't see the need if it's not acting up. My doctor also agreed there was no need for a suppressive dose but again, I wanna lower those chances as much as possible so I'm stuck.

You say there's no need to take it, because you don't have obs, but you worried about passing it, is a need IMHO. This is up to you and your partner. If this is a new infection for you, you shed A LOT and in high ounts the first yr. I just read a study last night on shedding. I don't think k anyone can anser this question for you, especially of he ends up getting it; you could come back and feel resentful for the advice given to you on that.

If you don't feel comfortable, then why not take it? It's no different than taking your daily viatim.