• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Overwhelmed

I still feel confused. I have a lot to learn. A lot to experience living with this.

There's this guy I had sex with. The same one who I think infected me. He was one of the few phone calls I made to let them know about the issue and have themselves get tested. But he denied his name, he said I had the wrong number, and blocked me on FB. I remember feeling "off" after having sex with him. I remember texting him asking him when he had gotten tested and he avoided the question. I remember telling him a couple of days later after having sex that I had a fever ans an itchy lip but he asked me questions asking for details but brushing it off I the end....and now here I am months later trying to cope. I guess I just feel upset at the fact that here I was trying to be smart and use protection but that didn't stop me from getting infected. I had to face my previous partners with tears in my eyes and let them know that I was sorry if I infected them while he didn't even have the courage to tell me "I THINK I'm clean". No. He just acted childish and ran away from the question.

I'm having such a hard time dealing with my results. Like I usually get a sore inner lip with my braces and now I can't help but to think Im having an outbreak but. I'm at work....I wanna drop everything and go to the doctor but I can't so I have to wait it out. Two nights ago I had horrible body aches that resulted in a sore throat and I started crying in the middle of the night because I feared I had an outbreak. I fear finding someone and that sharing a simple kiss can infect them. I can't carry that burden with me. But at the moment I feel overwhelmed. I don't know what a sign of an outbreak is like so I don't know what to expect.

Are you talking about genital H or just HSV1 that is in the mouth? If you are talking about Hsv1 in the mouth also known as the cold sore virus, you can relax! About 80% of the population has it in their mouth. Hsv1 is highly contangios and it's normally caught early on in life before you become sexually active or an adult. It is a lot more rare not to have it than to have it. Please relax and do your research on oral herpes so you can see for yourself that 80% of the population has it!

• 1 month later...