• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New on Valtrex and tingling

I've been taking Valtrex for 3 weeks. Actually starting my fourth now. My first two weeks I had a lot of tingling and just plain weird Sensations in my genital area. No outbreak at all and actually it didn't really feel like one was coming. Has anyone experienced this? It has completely gone now and I'm wondering if that is the Valtrex doing its job initially. Possibly targeting the nerve endings or something. I've read all the side effects and it's not one of them

What did your doctor say about it? You may want to try other herpes medications, too?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ah, okay. :) Yeah, could be a side effect of the meds, but more than likely could be the actual effect of the virus itself movin' through your nerve ganglia. That sounds like what a lot of people describe as prodrome symptoms (even though they didn't end up manifesting as an actual outbreak). And the further you get into this, the more body awareness you will develop.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Adrial.....first off.....thanks for this forum and just being who you are. You have helped thousands!!! I'm hoping my 30 years story and not passing it on will help encourage too. I am curious, Adrial.....in listening to some of your videos. ...it appears that you may not take anti viral. I have a few questions. I've looked around on here and you may have your full on story... if so, please direct me to it. Do you just obstain when you have an ob and carry on afterwards (with sex that is) Did you use condoms regularly in the past? Have you ever passed this on that you are aware of? Hope you don't mind me asking and if the answers are somewhere on here, please direct me. Thanks so much!

Ok, so I just found out that vagifem for menapausal women can def cause almost same symptoms as hv2 prodome. Good lord... I thought I was loosing my mind. I've had hv2 for over 30 years and really never had prodome symptoms like this. I started taking vagifem for vaginal dryness and valtrex the same day and have had outer vaginal itching and burning like crazy. Well, I now now it's from the vagifem. Whew! I thought I was prodome on steroids for a while. It worried me

• Like 1