• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex but no relationship?

Hi everyone....so I was pondering on different experiences with disclosures. can some of you share both positive experiences and bad with casual dating. I've always assumed that someone wouldn't risk having casual sex with someone with herpes however recently I've read several different stories where women have stated that a man didn't mind having sex with them but didn't want to have a relationship due to feeling shame from others or being judged for being with someone with herpes which I find shocking. Have any of you had this happen??

I've been rejected straight up because of herpes. Like in bed, no clothes about to have sex and then it's like "nah.." after disclosure. Likewise, Ive been in the same situation, and it's green light as well.

Herpes freaks some people out. Before I had herpes, I had sex with two girls who told me they had it.

Keep in mind that these days a lot of people want more casual relationships and might even say they don't want one with you because of herpes even if they don't mean it, but because it's a convenient excuse to back off.

Hmm interesting ...I always love hearing the view from a male stand point...one of my close guy friends has herpes as well and has said that girls have told him before he had it also and never thought it was a big deal ...this leads me to believe how big of a deal is it really ?!

Yeah but what about if u disclose way before ...for example when your just talking and getting to know eachother ... For example one of my girlfriends made the mistake of not disclosing to her current friends with benefits turned boyfriend until after they had sex and when she told him he straight up said had u told me before hand I probably would have had sex with you once and never continued talking to u which makes no sense to me .::I feel like in a sense he was trapped into a relationship because he eventually caught it as well but the fact that he said he wouldn't have started a relationship with her had she done the right thing is a little weird to me but hey to eaches own