• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Prodomes

Hi again all,

I know every one is different but I'd like some guidance on prodomes and avoiding sex. Do people really not feel anything ever? Bc I will feel a tiny little reminder about once or twice a day. Just a slight tingle, itch, or twinge. I'm not having sex right now but would like to at some point lol. No actual OB since the first one 9 months ago. Will I have to wait a week each time I feel a slight twinge? Thanks!

I was feeling the tingle all the time before, like everyday. I am not sure if is was psychological, some nerve damage from the first OB or an actual predrome. It stopped after I put helichrysum essential oil in a diffuser and sat over it. I did it 3x and the tingles went away. I have not felt one in weeks. But I am not sure if this actually fixed the nerve damage (if that was it) or if my tingles were purely psychological because I was stressing over hsv.

I'm really curious what others have to say about this.... is a slight tingle here and there always considered a prodrome? It's been 9 months since my first and only OB..... should I consider myself contagious from those little tingles? I'm going to call on some of you that have helped me in past discussions if that's ok.

@optimist

@2legit2quit

@wcsdancer2010

@bambina3

Thanks everyone!

I am having the exact same experience and was about to post the same question! Multiple times a day I will have a tingling feeling yet I haven't had an outbreak. I am still getting used to this since I was diagnosed about a month and a half ago. Any information/advice/guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I was told those feelings could last 4-6 months or so..... now that I am on the other end of that and coming up on a year, I'm not sure what that means. I'm assuming it is a prodrome and I should consider myself highly contagious. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and start taking suppressive therapy which I haven't been, and see if that helps. Either way I think it'll help me feel better about the prospect of having sex.

Are you on suppressive therapy @minnejojo?