• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

very new to this

Hey chemtrailz and welcome,

In what realm are you looking for advice in? Some more specifics would be helpful if you're seeking support. How are you feeling about your situation? What are your thoughts about herpes? What are your thoughts about yourself?

P.S. Not knowing what to think is actually a good place to be. Because the stigma would have you thinking everything is over, when in reality your perspective and the thoughts you choose to think (and believe) have way more impact on your life than a virus ever will.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I was sad and kind of shocked at first but now i kind have tooken it all in . I just wasnt sure if it was some type of life destroying virus . i read about it more and it is not as bad as I thought . I am single so do not have to worry about telling a gf or wife but i did tell a friend and she was nice about it . I just never knew much about this and just wanted to know if it was good to not panic about it etc. I love myself and I do know that things happen for reasons so i have to have a positive outlook about it

You are definitely on the right track. Be kind to yourself.....it's not the end of the world. Many people go on to live happy, normal lives such as myself. Over 30 yrs with this. Two positive disclosures (married the second one). Married 21 yrs now and he is H negative. The biggest thing we worry about is my husbands stg 4 cancer and the major damage 3 yrs of chemo has done to his body. H is never on the front burner in this house.