• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I disclosed that I have herpes to a past partner because he wanted a second chance, saying and hearing myself say those words scared the hell out of me because I'm still in denial. I have a new responsibility now, not only to future potential partners but to myself as well. After my tears and nervousness faded I was relieved because I received support and love/hugs, I felt better. But it doesn't change the fact that I have Herpes. If by chance I don't ever hear from him again I will,sad as it may seem, understand, but I disclosed and for that I'm relieved. It changes the whole perspective and I still cry, if I am meant to be alone so be it. I'm thankful for this forum and the ability to express myself without judgment, thank you.

Proud of you for disclosing, in my opinion that is all we can do. It does get easier the more you talk about it. There are people that honestly can't get over the stigma though...the man I got it from still denies that he was or ever has been infected and it's been 21 years. He's not told any partners:( I hope your potential partner is not one of them. But if he is he is probably missing out on something really good. As my fiance said recently during my last OB "There was ~nothing~ that would have kept me from wanting to get in your pants" lol Good to know you have love and support around you!!

Hugs!!

I think the disclosure itself is such a stress relief. Sometimes they go well and sometimes they don't. Either way, you don't have to carry around guilt or worry about it in the future. Once it's done, it's done. What happens afterwards is really out of your control. I don't think you are meant to be alone, and I honestly think that rejection makes acceptance that much sweeter. You did good :)