• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

hsv1 question about location

scm

Hello. I have had hsv1 for at least 3 years and most likely longer (blood test). I always thought the small red patches by my lip were fever blisters, but they never had any raised bumps. 2 years ago I had an instance that was ruled out because I tested negative for hsv2, and since I had prior infection of hsv1 the dr said it wasn't what he though it was. what happened was 2 week after receiving oral sex from a woman I woke up up with a burning heat on the shafts of my penis. a bit later I had a very small red area with what looked like 3 small bumps. they never turned yellow, or scabbed over and did not hurt. eventually they went away after a few weeks. If I was wrong about the initial site of infection, does this sound like an outbreak or just a rash. a year after that (about 1 year ago) I had what was definately a cold sore on the inside of my lip. so now I'm confused as to my status and what I should do going forward. what can you advise?

It could be many things. If you see the bumps again, get to a doctor asap to get some answers. In the meantime, I would just tell your partners that you have tested positive for HSV1 (the virus that causes cold sores). And use a condom (for your protection as well as theirs).