• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Diagnosed HSV-2: Very Depressing and Minimal Sex Life Prior

Hello All -

I'm pretty depressed right now. I had a one-nighter protected sex in March 2017, and prior to that only 1 other partner (protected). So, in total...I've only had 2 sexual partners in my life. NEVER had Unprotected intercourse ever. Had oral unprotected with first partner (first partner claimed virgin prior to dating). I think it was the one-nighter that got me. Incredible odds and I paid the price...unfortunately. I'm still in denial and I feel I got it some other way....

I got tested recently because I'm currently dating a new girl and I wanted to get tested for peace of mind. Well, my mind isn't peaceful right now. My HSV-2 IGG was 15.50 (positive), tested negative for HSV-1, and am negative for the other tests. I am currently on Valtrex. The stigma around HSV-2 is horrible, and I'm concern that the girl I'm dating will decide to not see me anymore (she's in the medical field). I'm also a young working professional. I'm from SoCAL if anyone else has a similar story and would like to chat.

Thanks.

I'm a 25 y/o male, have only been with four partners my entire life.

Had a one night stand with protection some weeks ago and contracted HSV-2.

The only advice I can think of right now is to just let it burn (not literally lol.) Embrace the pain and come to terms with it. I'm still in the process of all of this.

Yes the stigma is terrible around it. I've learned to just look at it as a mild skin condition (although my first outbreak was fucking bad lol.)

May the force be with you.

Yeah, it is quite the burden to bear.

I can't stop constantly reminding myself of it. Like today while in conversation with someone the intrusive thoughts had their way and left my mind blank.

I don't know what else to say. Hey at least it's not HIV right?

One thing I will say is that if the girl you are dating is in the medical field there is a much greater chance she is totally fine with HSV-2. While doctors also tend to take the “you don’t even need to disclose” stance, she should also be familiar with how common it is and see it as a simple skin condition.

Thanks for your kind words all. But I feel for people with HIV more greatly now...there are people out there that probably were in a similar scenario as us...but their partner just happen to have it. But I'd agree, I can't fathom if I had contracted something much more worse.