• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out

So just found out I have HSV 2 and I found this site a week ago I’m devastated by the news as the guy I was with swore up and down he was clean and bam now I have herpes and he says he was tested at the clinic but in Canada I know they won’t test for herpes unless you ask and he refuses to believe this.

His guy is a bit of a psycho and still refuses to believe I broke up with him (like a month ago). I don’t know anyone else with herpes so I’m kinda alone in this. Anyways I’m a 25 year old single mom and I feel like my life is over.

25 y/o single male here. I Contracted HSV-2 about a month ago from someone who knew they had it and refused to disclose.

The first few weeks were the worst. Feelings of guilt/shame/anxiety/depression and agony seemed to never leave my mind. I would be in conversation with someone and the intrusive thought "I have herpes" would surface, it was awful.

Oh and not to mention my first outbreak was terrible.

I guess it get's better with respect to time. I'm definitely not feeling as bad as I did during the first few weeks. I'm just mad that it's going to make dating that much harder, having to disclose to someone seems unbearable.

Thinking of it as just a mild skin condition seems to help my conscious. I mean that's basically all it is.

This website has helped a lot, there are a lot of supportive people on here.

Welcome!

Hi and welcome to the forum. This place is full of people that used to feel like you do now including me. I found out 2 months ago and went thru a range of emotions at first and had some dark days. I still have them but not often because I realized that life goes on. You will feel better just give it some time.

25 y/o single male here. I Contracted HSV-2 about a month ago from someone who knew they had it and refused to disclose.

The first few weeks were the worst. Feelings of guilt/shame/anxiety/depression and agony seemed to never leave my mind. I would be in conversation with someone and the intrusive thought "I have herpes" would surface, it was awful.

Oh and not to mention my first outbreak was terrible.

I guess it get's better with respect to time. I'm definitely not feeling as bad as I did during the first few weeks. I'm just mad that it's going to make dating that much harder, having to disclose to someone seems unbearable.

Thinking of it as just a mild skin condition seems to help my conscious. I mean that's basically all it is.

This website has helped a lot, there are a lot of supportive people on here.

Welcome!

Thanks man. I'm actually gonna file a police complaint about the guy the didn't disclose and infected me. They say they'll investigate it maybe they'll do something idk.