• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Huge cold sore on character in new Matt damon movie

Saw “Downsizing” this weekend. It’s the new Matt Damon movie. Toward the end (no spoilers— don’t worry), an important scientist in the movie introduces a young man who was the first baby born in the downsized world. The young man smiles and he has a huge, red, glistening cold sore on his lip.

From the audience in the theatre, it was mostly silence. But I heard a few snickers, a few laughs, and a few groans.

My boyfriend, who I had just told of my new HSV-1 diagnosis (and he is my giver but he denies it), leaned to my ear and said, “He’s got the Herpes,” loud enough for the people around us to hear.

At least he didn’t say, “He’s got YOUR Herpes.”

Yesss!! I was on my first date since my diagnosis almost 3 months and we went to see the movie. I saw it too but didn’t say anything. Well, my date says “he has a cold sore”. I didn’t acknowledge it but when he kissed the guy on his cheeks my date was like “Eww he kissing that dude with cold sore on his lip”. I just nodded and continued watching but inside my heart sank a little. He and I finally hung out after meeting back in April. Not sure where it’s going so disclosing is not something I will worry myself with right now.