Jump to content
  • Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

    Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Vulvar biopsy-Herpes outbreak

Recommended Posts

Okay I have this rash like liken planus kind of thing which still not diagnosed. I had a biopsy schedule this thursday and today I brokeout. Biopsy will be inside of labia minora and outbreak is on the outside labia minora. Its exactly the same labia. Doctor said it would be fine but wouldnt be worse. With stiches and outbreak. Should I re schedule? Doctor says this is important! You shouldnt cancel it but I had a second thoughts in my mind.

Link to comment

ugh. That is unfortunate bad timing. Maybe you were stressed about the biopsy procedure and outbreak occurred.

Hmm whether to cancel or not. That is a personal choice and really up to you. You know your body better than anyone. Could the biopsy aggravate that area and make the outbreak worse?. It's possible but it may not. And if you do all the self help stuff that is suggested on these forums, it may not be too bad and it will be manageable.

What does your gut instinct say?.


For me I would just go ahead and get it done out the way and just suffer for a few days. I wouldn't want to have the re scheduled procedure date hanging over me, possibly weeks away. But that's just me. It's still up to you and what you feel is best for you.


Whatever you decide I hope your biopsy results will be ok when you do get them. Wishing you well.

Link to comment

I talked with the doctor and we reschedule next week. He said it will get worse just wait a week. Btw can I ask you something? My husband and I had sex saturday and sundan it started itch and monday full outbreak :( we use condom though but no antivirals :( He is still neg after 6 years and I want to keep him that way. What are the possibilities?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...