• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help. I had sex without disclosing

Ive been seeing this guy for awhile and i thought we were just going to end up friends. Even if anything developed it would only ever be a casual thing. The other night i was drinking and one thing lead to another and we had sex. We used a condom and i take antivirals daily and have never had an outbreak, my dr. Even said, that i was juat exposed to it at some point in my life. And to make it worse we did it again in the morning, protected. Now i feel absolutely awful, ive been having panic attacks and cant eat or sleep. I know the risk was really low but i want to tell him to come clean i juat need a way to do it that wont result in him losing his mind and i can still look at myself in the mirror. He never brought up the std talk either and i was wondering if anyone wpuld be willing to help me come up with a plan to tell him next time i see him. I feel really terrible enough so if you think im a monster please keep it to yourself. I just really need some help and support to do the right thing.

Thank you.

Tell him via text, call, email, in person, or however you choose, but tell him right away.

This is eating at your concience and eroding your self-respect. In order to regain your positive self-image and once again see yourself as a person worthy of affection, you need to do this.

It's not going to be fun, but it's going to be right. Give this guy a chance that few of us had, and tell him so that he can be prepared for what might happen, and know why it happened.

He might get depressed or angry, but you did bring that reaction on yourself, knowing that is exactly what kind of reaction you might get. You took away his right to consent. At least give him a chance to start accepting himself again before he goes through the pain and misery he well might have to endure.

You don't have to listen to him if he gets abusive or threatening, you can hang up, or walk away. But you need to tell him right away.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 5:15 PM, Hopeful88 said:

Ive been seeing this guy for awhile and i thought we were just going to end up friends. Even if anything developed it would only ever be a casual thing. The other night i was drinking and one thing lead to another and we had sex. We used a condom and i take antivirals daily and have never had an outbreak, my dr. Even said, that i was juat exposed to it at some point in my life. And to make it worse we did it again in the morning, protected. Now i feel absolutely awful, ive been having panic attacks and cant eat or sleep. I know the risk was really low but i want to tell him to come clean i juat need a way to do it that wont result in him losing his mind and i can still look at myself in the mirror. He never brought up the std talk either and i was wondering if anyone wpuld be willing to help me come up with a plan to tell him next time i see him. I feel really terrible enough so if you think im a monster please keep it to yourself. I just really need some help and support to do the right thing.

Thank you.

How did it all go @Hopeful88 kinda in a similar situation