• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to reduce the number of herpes outbreaks

Hi all

I was diagnosed with genital herpes last year and  on sucessful treatment with acyclovir. However, the med didn't help me on the next outbreaks. Though I've tried to control stress and focused on healthy foods, herpes still recurs. They're very annoying. I also tried some home remedies, but they were only effective in the first time.  What should I do to reduce the numer of herpes outbreaks and how to treat them completely. 

It sounds like you're trying a lot of different things, which is great to keep doing. Everybody (and every body) is different and responds to different things in different ways. It's all about helping your immune system to deal. And ultimately, time will be your friend in this regard. By the first year of having herpes, your body has built up a lot of defenses, but then even more over the long term, chances are you will have less and less herpes outbreaks. Early on, I was having a lot. Now many years later, I barely even have one outbreak per year. And it's pretty mundane. Deep breaths ... You're doing great. 

• Like 2

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

hi janeen

The number of herpes outbreak can be reduced over years. As long as you keep healthy lifestyle, eat more lysine food, manage stress and think positively, you'll have less herpes recurrences. Have you ever tried FDA creams to treat herpes? I can remove herpes sores and prevent the virus from coming back by using it. Also, I try to limit  coffee, beer and packaged food intake. Instead, I pay more attetion to lysine and vitamin foods. Hope you can control herpes outbreaks. 

• Like 1
On 8/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, mr_hopp said:

It sounds like you're trying a lot of different things, which is great to keep doing. Everybody (and every body) is different and responds to different things in different ways. It's all about helping your immune system to deal. And ultimately, time will be your friend in this regard. By the first year of having herpes, your body has built up a lot of defenses, but then even more over the long term, chances are you will have less and less herpes outbreaks. Early on, I was having a lot. Now many years later, I barely even have one outbreak per year. And it's pretty mundane. Deep breaths ... You're doing great. 

thank you, mr_hopp

Because herpes outbreaks are bothersome and sometimes stress me, I'm still trying to remove them. I only hope that my body will build up lots of defenses to deal with them

36 minutes ago, imkeewa said:

hi janeen

The number of herpes outbreak can be reduced over years. As long as you keep healthy lifestyle, eat more lysine food, manage stress and think positively, you'll have less herpes recurrences. Have you ever tried FDA creams to treat herpes? I can remove herpes sores and prevent the virus from coming back by using it. Also, I try to limit  coffee, beer and packaged food intake. Instead, I pay more attetion to lysine and vitamin foods. Hope you can control herpes outbreaks. 

thank you, imkeewa

I tried to control lupus and ate healthy foods, but herpes has still found me. I also tried many cures but nothing helped prevent outbreaks

• Sad 1

Although you make effort to control stress, it's always around you and trigger the virus. You may get stress because of job, family troubles or other relationships. Sharing your stress and troubles with your trusted people is the effective way to reduce stress. I used to develop some herpes outbreaks, but I didn't try many things like you. I only applied prosurx cream. I'm unsure how it works for you, but it works well for me. Then, I took lysine supplement for several months. And now, I can control herpes outbreaks with diets and healthy routines. Hope these are  useful. Best wishes for you.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, imkeewa said:

Although you make effort to control stress, it's always around you and trigger the virus. You may get stress because of job, family troubles or other relationships. Sharing your stress and troubles with your trusted people is the effective way to reduce stress. I used to develop some herpes outbreaks, but I didn't try many things like you. I only applied prosurx cream. I'm unsure how it works for you, but it works well for me. Then, I took lysine supplement for several months. And now, I can control herpes outbreaks with diets and healthy routines. Hope these are  useful. Best wishes for you.

thank you your useful post. I'm a little doubt any treatment for herpes because nothing helped me well

Im a big believer in clean living to eleviate OB (personal opinion). I use only natural products like cleaners, bath soaps etc. I also use alot of essential oils to help my immunes system and stress level. My thought process behind the clean living is chemicals throw off PH balances, hormones, immune system etc and essential oils aid in assisting the body and mind. Its worked for me but as others have said everyone is different! I also take birth control continuously, never getting my period and keeping my hormones level, as so as most women get OB near there period due to hormone fluctuation.

Hope this helps!!

• Like 1