• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Important question (everyone tell me your opinions pls )

If oral hsv1 is cold sore’s and someone has ghsv1 . What’s the importance of disclosing the location of the hsv1 virus . When ghsv1 sheds less and genital to genital transmission is rare . You have a better chance of catching hsv1 from someone who has is orally then genitally . So my question is why can’t you tell someone “hey I get cold sores (hsv1)? It’s not like your lying ? Especially if you never have recurrence’s besides the initial. 

The question I always ask in response to questions like this: How would you feel if the roles were reversed? Would you trust this person more or less?

My guess is you would feel it's a bit disingenuous. Perhaps not an outright lie, but certainly not an open and honest discussion based on what's known. Even though it feels more vulnerable to talk about all of it, it's part of opening up and connecting to someone you're hoping to be intimate with. And intimacy is more than just sex. It's also trusting each other on a deeper level. Consider this: Say exactly what you know, including how there's less of a transmission risk of genital HSV-1. Disclosing is a huge part of consent. And consent is super sexy. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: