• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant oubreaks

I got diagnosed about 7 years ago and for the first 5 years I’d get 1 or 2 outbreaks a year which was manageable but for some reason they’ve increased A LOT these past two, they seem to happen every 6 weeks- 2months, granted I’ve been stressed but I was also just as stressed before that, I’ve been on suppressants 2500 mg a day which after seeing a new doctor today I’ve found out that that’s a ginormous dose! It’s most commonly said that obs decrease after a couple years but obviously in my case they’ve tripled! Has anyone else experienced this? Any theories on why this could be other than stress?

I’m keeping my head up but this might not allow me to have a healthy sex life again and it’s hard to come to terms with that, not to mention the awkward social grey area I’m left to navigate through.

• 4 weeks later...