• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New to H.

I was just diagnosed on Tuesday for having this awful awful disease. 

Minday night, I had itching, and I’m so prone to yeast infections, I thought oh Jeeze here’s another one. Let me go to the doctors in the morning and get some medication because I’m just a baby when it comes to my vagina. Everything hurts. 

The doctor looked and said “hun it’s herpes”... well... wasn’t expecting that... 

she put me on Aciclovir and I took it within an hour. I take it 3 times a day for 5 days. Today is my fourth day. 

I look at my vagina religiously... I have lesions, but there not growing or shrinking.. it’s very very very itchy... so fucking itchy. I had to go to New York this weekend and Monday I’m suppose to be walking around the city. 

I guess my my question is, while on medicine, will these lesions break? And if they do, is that the most painful part of herpes? And what happens when I run out of my medicine and I still have lesions? 

And how in gods name do I stop the freaking itch!!! 

I don’t take the meds, so I cannot answer that part about will they break. But i do know they dont stop the outbreaks, only suppress them , supposedly. Id suggest taking daily vitamins. 

To me, the lesion being present hurts regardless.

the itch, keep the area dry. Wear loose fitting clothing. Long dresses, no panties or atleast big panties that won’t give you a wedgie & rub you wrong. 

Has anyone experience getting infected with both oral and Genital herpes at the same time? 

You see I have oral sex before I had sex with this one guy. I broke out down there first. Which is so insanely odd because this douche bag was being cocky and arrogant when I asked for him to put a condom on, and he’s like “come on” and he just shoved it in me..: and I was like no, put it on. So he did... but it was in me for 5 seconds..... crazy that 5 seconds did this. However, I did give him head first for 10 mins... so I can only imagine I have it in my mouth too? Correct? I keep looking at my lips constantly waiting for something to show up... will I have a out break at the same time as my Genitals? 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Fml93 said:

Has anyone experience getting infected with both oral and Genital herpes at the same time? 

You see I have oral sex before I had sex with this one guy. I broke out down there first. Which is so insanely odd because this douche bag was being cocky and arrogant when I asked for him to put a condom on, and he’s like “come on” and he just shoved it in me..: and I was like no, put it on. So he did... but it was in me for 5 seconds..... crazy that 5 seconds did this. However, I did give him head first for 10 mins... so I can only imagine I have it in my mouth too? Correct? I keep looking at my lips constantly waiting for something to show up... will I have a out break at the same time as my Genitals? 

I just got diagnosed with type 2 and I had a genital outbreak and oral outbreak, and I’m currently having a second outbreak. it’s type 2 so I think because it typically prefers the genitals I haven’t gotten any cold sores, just canker sores inside of my mouth. My tongue felt numb and enlarged, i had blisters on the back of my throat/tonsils, and like a white film all over the inside of my mouth. My lips were tingly, face was tingly, and throat felt scratchy. My understanding is that it unlikely to get it in your mouth if it’s type two but still very possible.