• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Mouth sores

I had sores in side of my mouth as well last week after oral sex but they were ulcers and they were not bunched together.  I did tons of research that said it’s uncommon to have a break out inside of your mouth but it is possible.  I was wondering the same question though because I wanted to know too

None of the sores in my mouth have ever been bunched together mostly it’s like a spot on the roof of my mouth and then a week later there will  be a sore spot on my gumline and then a week or two later there will be one on the inside of my lip and then there won’t be any for like a few months..... so I’m very confused, this all happens will taking daily Valtrex. 

I have them in the back of my throat and down my esophagus. I was taking a steroid nasal spray for allergies which can weaken mucosal lining allowing the virus to enter through the mouth. It’s uncommon but it’s becoming increasingly more common. I’ve been through 10 day of Acyclovir 4x/ day at 200 mg and then again 7 days of 200mg 5x/day. And I still have sores in my throat. My first outbreak I also had them on the inside of my cheeks. My initial outbreak was 9/10 and it was improving and then got worse again, my genital outbreak finally cleared however but my throat still has blisters and lesions. 

I have ghsv2 and ohsv2.