• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

negative swab tests and positive blood

Hi so I have some questions ,

i went to the dr 1 day after seeing sores downthere , I got the doctor to swab it and she said she doesn’t think it’s herpes but it could be .. so she swabbed the area and did a blood and urine  test for all STD , these were fresh , like very fresh flat ulcer looking sores they were also small, I thought there were from stretching after sex I had sex with condom and without maybe a week before. Anyways the doctor uploaded my test results online and they were all negative except chlamydia , she called me and let me know that one was positive and to tell all my past partners to get tested . Then days later I log onto my chart  and see the HSV 1&2 were positive , she didn’t even call to tell me and I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t check... She told me it’s not necessary to tell past partners and there’s no way I can know who gave this to me even though I’m pretty sure the guy I’m dating gave  it to me. I finished my 10 day antivirals and she told me I don’t need to go on antiviral therapy or anything because the swab was negative..  it’s been a month since I finished and I haven’t had an out break even with my period .... what does this mean? She’s not really giving me answers I also got a second opinion from a doctor who told me my levels were low and to come back to be tested again... this is all very confusing to me. Anyone have any advice or gone through similar ? 

17 hours ago, anniemilly said:

Hi so I have some questions ,

i went to the dr 1 day after seeing sores downthere , I got the doctor to swab it and she said she doesn’t think it’s herpes but it could be .. so she swabbed the area and did a blood and urine  test for all STD , these were fresh , like very fresh flat ulcer looking sores they were also small, I thought there were from stretching after sex I had sex with condom and without maybe a week before. Anyways the doctor uploaded my test results online and they were all negative except chlamydia , she called me and let me know that one was positive and to tell all my past partners to get tested . Then days later I log onto my chart  and see the HSV 1&2 were positive , she didn’t even call to tell me and I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t check... She told me it’s not necessary to tell past partners and there’s no way I can know who gave this to me even though I’m pretty sure the guy I’m dating gave  it to me. I finished my 10 day antivirals and she told me I don’t need to go on antiviral therapy or anything because the swab was negative..  it’s been a month since I finished and I haven’t had an out break even with my period .... what does this mean? She’s not really giving me answers I also got a second opinion from a doctor who told me my levels were low and to come back to be tested again... this is all very confusing to me. Anyone have any advice or gone through similar ? 

@anniemilly check your patient portal and see exactly which test you received did you get a IGM or IGG and post your numbers here it will better help determine sometimes it takes a little more time for people to build up the antibodies that need to be tested.  How soon after your outbreak did you get your blood drawn

Did your doctor say anything to you about it ? My doctor gave me the 10 day “initial” out break meds and gave me s prescription for literally 5 pills of valtrex just to keep on hand , I haven’t used it but I also have been taking immune support vitamins and rubbing an oregano /tea tree coconut oil mix on the area where the sores were just in case. Nothing has really happened and I’ve been stressed eating chocolate and drinking heavily just to see if it will trigger anything.