• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How many days past exposure.

Looking to hear from people who KNOW who they caught herpes genital from. I’m trying to pinpoint down when I caught this. I know sometimes it’s not that easy but I want to know if you know who you got it from cause my question is how many days after sex did u have your first outbreak or notice symptoms. I noticed symptoms 23 days after sex but from research and speaking to doctor they said that first outbreak would be between 2-10 days so they say my herpes infectuon is not new if I had outbreak 23 days after sex? 

1 hour ago, Amando said:

Hi Bonnie

From my own experience & people I have spoken too, 2 to 3 weeks after contamination is the normal time,
so having one 23 days after still makes it possible, its a new infection.

@Amando

Have you heard of a swollen lymph node being a part of an OB? I got a swollen lymph node 2.5 to 3 months before I had an actual OB. 

Depending on the immune system of each individual, many people notice symptoms after one or two days  contracting herpes, while some people may take weeks, months , or even years to show up symptoms. So, it's normal if you have a primary outbreak after 23 days of contracting.

@bonnie_1987 For me it was just over 2 weeks, guessing about 18 days after but as imkeewa says 23 days is still normal for first OB

@Dreamer07 I myself have no experience of swollen lymph nodes but I get herpes whitlow on my pointing finger sometimes & was reading up on this recently & it did mention other symptoms being swollen lymph nodes in the armpit or elbow area.

For me it was a few days - I had sex on a Monday and noticed a weird bump on Thursday. By the following Monday I had 7 bumps and was in so much pain and felt like I had the flu. I took pics and sent them to the guy I see- he was convinced they were just razor bumps - I know my body. I went to dr that week and found out it was HSV1. I cried a lot and was full of all different emotions. I also pushed my guy to get tested too - his dr wasn't gonna do any tests at first, I kept pushing.  He ended up having it too- so I know I got it from him. Unfortunately too many people (seems like mostly guys) don't have any symptoms or don't link a red dot/pimple/blister anywhere on their genital to an STI. Then it gets passed on (to us unsuspecting ladies a lot of the time). I hope you can figure it out. My guy doesn't know who gave it to him, but I am glad I got the closure.

Kells, thanks for your reply. I really want closure. Having sexual contact with guy 1 for 5 years. No outbreak but then guy 2 and had outbreak 23 days after (don’t know if this is to long)

went back with guy 1 unknowingly I had it and then I got tested and cause I had it guy 1 got tested and he has it. However I don’t know if guy 1 got it from me after 2?