• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling so alone,constant outbreaks

I had my first horrendous hsv2 outbreak in February this year that took nearly two months to heal this one blister to then go on to having 9 outbreaks in thr space of 5 months,went on supressive therapy of two a day of acyclovir and didn't have an outbreak for a couple of months and had another outbreak 10 days ago which is still happening and multiplying all over. When one starts to try and heal another one or more develop. My doctor prescribed me to have 3 a day tablets which I have started today and more are developing. 

I am ready to burst in to tears and feel like screaming

Anyone else gone through the same? 

This is ruining my life and if I am like this forever there is 0 chance for me to find love or to even live with this keep happening. I am going out my mind 😢

11 hours ago, Anonymous88 said:

I had my first horrendous hsv2 outbreak in February this year that took nearly two months to heal this one blister to then go on to having 9 outbreaks in thr space of 5 months,went on supressive therapy of two a day of acyclovir and didn't have an outbreak for a couple of months and had another outbreak 10 days ago which is still happening and multiplying all over. When one starts to try and heal another one or more develop. My doctor prescribed me to have 3 a day tablets which I have started today and more are developing. 

I am ready to burst in to tears and feel like screaming

Anyone else gone through the same? 

This is ruining my life and if I am like this forever there is 0 chance for me to find love or to even live with this keep happening. I am going out my mind 😢

My first outbreak happened the week of 9/11 of this year, I’m about 9 weeks in and I’ve had multiple oubtreaks already. I had been on acyclovir 200 mg 4x/ 10 days and then 200 mg of acyclovir 5x/day for 7 days when I was on my 3rd or 4th outbreak. I am now on my 5th or 6th outbreak (previous sores healed and then new ones formed) and finally saw an infectious disease doc that put me on 400 mg of acyclovir 5x/day for 30 days and gave me two refills as well. Hopefully this allows my body to get a hold of the virus. I’ve heard people say that some meds work better for different people so you could attempt a different medication- or you could ask your doc to adjust the dose. Have you made any other lifestyle changes? Diet/exercise/stress reduction etc? Are you otherwise healthy? 

Yeah I have always been healthy and apart from now having this,I haven't been ill at all this year but this is effecting my sleep. I am a working single parent so am always on the go as I have a home,work,child and pets to look after with just being me to do it all. I make sure I sleep well apart from when I have a outbreak that disturbs my sleep. I also read that there is no medical proof that you need to adjust your life style at all. Obviously the obvious factors of getting plenty of sleep and not drinking alcohol is the same for a person whether you have herpes or not. I just thought surely my body would of created enough anti bodies to fight this by now. 

I was infected this year on sept . 29th and I’ve had two bad outbreaks and I think I may be starting on my third unless it’s an ingrown hair . This time it’s the size of a golf ball . I haven’t had that happen on the. Other two . Both times I was on suppressive and steroids and it still took two weeks for it to stop . 

@Alisonbr the size of a golf ball!...bless you sounds painful. Hope it also gets better for you in time too. Just be careful not to shave if you are unsure what it is as I thought the last one was a bite and shaved and made it sooo much worse,a week and a half in and still hasn't all fully cleared but getting there. Part of my skin looks like its burnt its just bright pink flesh which looks sore 😞 I don't seem to get the typical looking blisters that they show on the internet. 

• 2 weeks later...