• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question please.. help.

According to a site I read, it is possible to transfer the virus to another part of the body. However, it is unlikely. I've pasted the quote down below:

"

Can you spread HSV to another part of your body?

Yes, that is called self-inoculation.

However, HSV is not as easily spread to another part of the body as it was initially contracted because your antibodies will provide some protection. The risk of self-inoculation is even further reduced if the first HSV infection is outside of the types’s site of preference (HSV1 orally and HSV2 genitally), because the virus reactivates and asymptomatically sheds less when it is outside of its site of preference.

Although there’s no way to discern who will asymptomatically shed the virus and when it will be shedding, shedding data appear to parallel recurrence data, meaning that people who have a lot of recurrences also have a lot of shedding.

"

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Victory_in_Defeat said:

According to a site I read, it is possible to transfer the virus to another part of the body. However, it is unlikely. I've pasted the quote down below:

"

Can you spread HSV to another part of your body?

Yes, that is called self-inoculation.

However, HSV is not as easily spread to another part of the body as it was initially contracted because your antibodies will provide some protection. The risk of self-inoculation is even further reduced if the first HSV infection is outside of the types’s site of preference (HSV1 orally and HSV2 genitally), because the virus reactivates and asymptomatically sheds less when it is outside of its site of preference.

Although there’s no way to discern who will asymptomatically shed the virus and when it will be shedding, shedding data appear to parallel recurrence data, meaning that people who have a lot of recurrences also have a lot of shedding.

"

This stuff so confusing, one site says one thing and another said another. Thanks