• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone have HSV2 on mouth?

Hi, 

i disclosed a few days ago and one of the questions he asked me last night was, if he could get HSV2 on his mouth if he goes down on me? 

I’m not sure how to answer this, I know it’s a possibility that it can if I’m having an active outbreak and he goes down on me. I know HSV2 prefers to live in the genital areas opposed to the mouth. All guys I’ve met who have HSV2 and who continue to go down on women who also have HSV2 have never had sores in their mouth due to it. I’ve also gone down on guys who have HSV2 and I do not/ never experienced sores on my mouth. 

Can someone clarify this for me as I don’t want to pass on the wrong information to a potential partner. 

Thank you!!!

I have HSV 2 inside of my mouth and throat from oral sex with my boyfriend- he didn’t know he had herpes and did not have symptoms. It is possible. It’s possible to get it and to never have oral symptoms. It just depends on the persons immune system etc

On 12/18/2018 at 6:10 AM, Elle27 said:

I have HSV 2 inside of my mouth and throat from oral sex with my boyfriend- he didn’t know he had herpes and did not have symptoms. It is possible. It’s possible to get it and to never have oral symptoms. It just depends on the persons immune system etc

What does it look/feel  like?

13 hours ago, blurneworder said:

What does it look/feel  like?

Scratchy throat, like something’s stuck in it but not like strep throat. It doesn’t hurt to eat or swallow. Just uncomfortable. My tongue and face also have prodromal symptoms. I have red splotches and blisters on the back of my throat and initially had them on my cheeks/tongue too which Appeared more like canker sores.