• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can Antivirals Make the Virus Stronger?

I have been on antivirals for suppression for 8 years. My doctor just switched me from acyclovir 400mg 2x a day to valacyclovir 1g once a day because it seemed like acyclovir wasn’t working like it used to. Does anyone have any insight on if long term use of the antivirals actual make the virus stronger? My doctor said antiviral resistance isn’t common in healthy patients but I’m just not so sure. This past year has been HELL for me with hsv (genitally not sure if its type 1 or 2 and my doctor said testing to see for which type doesnt matter because they present themself in the same way) and I’ve had it for 10 years. I thought over time your body naturally suppresses it better. I’ve heard from a few people monolaurian and red marine algae help but I’m not sure...

• 3 weeks later...