• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

1.5 yrs since dx in monogamous relationship

drsuz1

It's been a year & a half since finding out I have HSV1 & 2 plus HPV as well. So I was devastated at first until I met a man that has accepted me regardless. He tested negative for all STI's. The problem is that he won't use condoms and I am afraid that he will get herpes eventually and HPV. We have oral sex often, so far he hasn't had any symptoms but I'm so worried about it these days. I have had a couple of small outbreak during the last year and we never have sex during that week. What are the chances that he will contract it? 

Hey! A few initial questions so you can get the most personalized answers possible:

Have you gotten your outbreaks swabbed to determine which strain of the virus you have on which part of your body? (Both HSV1 and HSV2 can either reside orally and/or generally and have different shedding rates depending on where they’re located.)

When he got tested for all STIs, did he specify that he also wanted to be tested for herpes? (They won’t test for herpes by default, even if you specifically ask to be tested for “everything.”) 80% of Americans have oral HSV1, so the chances of him at least not having that are slim and points to the possibility that they didn’t actually test him for HSV after all. 

Do you take any daily suppressive medication like acyclovir to lower your viral shedding (and therefore lessen the chances of him contracting herpes by 50%)?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: