• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant Herpes Prodrome Symptoms?

Hey Guys, so for that past month and a half I have been taking Valtrex daily. Before that I only took it during outbreaks which usually happened during my monthly cycle or during periods of a lot of stress. Since I have been taking it daily I have had two outbreaks, and constant feelings of tingling in different areas. The feelings come and go some days I feel the tingling and the next day it will be gone, and then it comes back in a different area. I am really concerned because I am in a new relationship and want to be sexual but I am constantly worried that I may be having prodrome symptoms. Has anyone else had this problem? and could the Valtrex be causing the prodrome symtoms? because prior to taking the valtrex I only had the prodrome symptoms like once a month. The prodrome symptoms are so annoying too because it's just a constant reminder that the herpes is there just waiting to pop out!

Hey Katieanne! How long have you had herpes? If it's anywhere in the 6 months to a year phase, your body is still getting used to having this new visitor and it takes a while before the antibodies build and the body calms down. I'm assuming you've told your new partner you have herpes? If you're taking daily suppressive therapy and wearing a condom, the chance of transmission from female to male is only 1% without a visible herpes outbreak. So don't let these feelings take you out of the moment of connecting with your honey. Be safe but not paranoid! :)

Here's a link to the post-disclosure handout that shows all these need-to-know facts and such:

http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hey north of the border! Yes I think the stress of telling him definitely caused me to have an outbreak. But it's been a few weeks since I have told him and I still feel like I am having prodrome symptoms. Yes, maybe it is now the stress of passing it on to him that's causing the prodrome.

Hey Adrienne! I was diagnosed with herpes three years ago so the virus has been pretty regular and I'm pretty familiar with when to expect break outs. Yes I have told my partner about the herpes and he is okay with it. Maybe I am just afraid of passing it on to him and the stress is making me break out. I will try to remind myself that the chances of spreading it are really low and maybe that will help... Thanks guys