I was diagnosed with genital herpes last Monday and was given valacyclorvir for 7 days. I finish my pills tomorrow and have also been taking L-lysine and drinking tons of water. I’m  starting to feel myself again and the pain is gone! I look completely normal down there again, is this ok? Am I supposed to be this ok?

I also just got diagnosed recently and I felt the same way, it went away quickly with valtrex and my symptoms were gone within two weeks. Seems typical for a primary outbreak, though I am in the midst of a second fairly painful outbreak after a week being off meds, so just continue to care for yourself and hope for the best

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the advice I will continue to hope for the best. My doctor just called me my lab work came back. I have type 1 which is the most common one. He says stress and weak immune system can be a trigger I just need to find out which one it is. In some people being out in the sun to much can be a trigger, I work out in the sun for 8hrs so i will have to be more careful. If it comes back often then I will have to start taking the meds every day but for now it’s a wait and see. So I have to work on strengthening my immune system and learn to relax more. 

Yes. Keep cortisol in check. That will screw you over big time. I've seen MAJOR changes since adopting an anti-inflammatory diet and practicing qigong. 

• Thanks 1