• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Health/gym

As I've been reading for endless amount of hours on how to get past, accept, and have a normal life back, I've seen so much on how food effects this entire thing. I've seen to avoid coffee, workout, eat healthy. Just wanted to get some thoughts of the trustful people here. Coffee? Thoughts? Is there a better replacement to not be dead tired all the time? Before my situation took place, I was in the gym 5 days a week, found preworkout and protein that I really liked and had my routine down. Since the situation I've been afraid that the pre-workout will cause an outbreak, coffee will make it worse, and high intensity workouts will cause an outbreak. Thoughts? Experience? Suggestions? 

H is very very individual. If you are newly diagnosed you will have a period of your body dealing with the virus but otherwise what may be a trigger for some may not effect you at all. 

I drink coffee daily and work out 4 or5 days a week. It really comes down to taking time to identifying your own triggers. For me, my obs are usually stress related. 

If you are interested in pre workout or other fitness related supplements I would recommend adding them one by one and seeing if they trigger an ob. That way, you know what you can eliminate or try to avoid. 

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I am also looking for answer for the same. Can swimming or intense strength training trigger an outbreak? I understand it varies from individual to individual, so will like to hear all your experiences both positive and negative and how you all managed. New to this. 10 days now and currently clouded with so many questions and thoughts.