• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help me understand this

Hi I hope all is well, my story is complex and kind of long please bare with me. Oct 18 I developed a bump under my shaft so ofcoarse I started asking Dr Google. At the same time I got me and the girl tested. I came bk + for hsv1 and had it since a child. She comes bk for hsv1 and 2 + 15.50 for 2. I was shocked and panicked these whole 21 wks has been stressful and I'm going nuts. Around the 3 wk the bump was still there so I made an appointment with a dermatologist who diagnosed it as a mallescum bump. I wasn't convinced as it didn't look like it to me but after about it being there 2 months i had her freeze it off. It caused burning sensation and mild discomfort. It was like a pimple no puss it didn't burst or scab over. I did a western blot at around 17 wks and results was - for h2 + for h1. All the igG caught h1 infection. H2 always - up to 22 wks. 5 months. I'm waiting to do another western blot at 6 months. I'm healthy enough I'd assume I'd have a low + or equivocal by now. I just keep reading how unreliable the igG tests are and I'm discouraged by it. I just kno something isn't right down there. Does anyone kno if the western blot needs the igG protein to test positive. I understand it looks for 15 other antigens but from what I've gathered it goes by the igG protein to detect other antigens. Meaning if I'm not yet seroconverting all tests will be - until then. I want to trust what the pros say at 12 wks. I did it at 17 but how can they be so certain when it's up to that person to show positive. It can take months smh.  Or am I wrong. Should I be satisfied with with negative wb at 17 wks and - igG at 22 wks. I read people taking long time to seroconvert while having hsv1 for a long time. Thank you so much for any info you can provide me. I really appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, Tone12 said:

Anyone have an opinion on this is appreciate it. It sucks not having anyone to talk to about this. 

i replied to you but in my post, I found out this week that the western blot picks up IgG deficient strains. 

Even if you get 1 out of 15 proteins picked up, it gets scored as intermediate not negative, and you scored Negative for hsv2 🙂 

Also your initial "bump that lasted for months" doesnt sound herpetic because real symptom's last a few days to few weeks from what i've researched. You should talk to a NP or PA ...

• 3 weeks later...