• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dating success!

Hi all,

I just wanted to write a little update. So long story short, diagnosed Aug 18, devastated, dumped soon after by the awful man that lied to me and gave it me. Met a guy in Nov 18, dated him very casually, saw it as pointless because of having genital herpes but persevered. WORST SECONDITIONS OUTBREAK EVER in Dec that lasted nearly 3 weeks I was literally rock bottom it was awful. 

OK so the latest is, I carried on seeing this guy throughout all of the bad times. I told him in Jan about my condition. He was nice but quite worried, understandably so we took this super slow (no sex.) Then last Friday WE HAD SEX!!! Hooray! I feel normal again!

I NEVER thought that I'd feel like this and it would have worked out with this guy. He is really sweet and a good person and I feel so lucky. So many times when I was really depressed and especially when I was having the 3 week long outbreak I nearly just called it all off with him but now I'm so glad I didn't. 

This H thing can take you to some really low places. However bad things get PLEASE keep going, things will get better I promise.

Good luck everyone x

• Like 3

Congratulations! I still remember (very fondly!) the first time my boyfriend and I had sex after I disclosed to him...we didn't wait nearly as long (maybe a minute? lol), but it was still such a great feeling that he knew and wanted to carry on with me because it wasn't a big deal to him and he wanted to be with ME, H and all.

We're still together and things are great. I agree that things are never as bad as we make them in our heads. In my head, I had played out SO many scenarios of how the disclosure would go. And in a lot of them, he rejected me...and I was SOOOO in my head that I was terrified to tell him. He had previously told me that he was clear of all STDs...so I was even more terrified to tell him! And then it was seriously nothing. I didn't make a big deal of it, and I still made it a bigger deal than he did. He seriously gave absolutely zero shits about my HSV status. Literally told me "that's nothing".

I hope I never have to disclose again. This guy could really be the one...time will tell. 

Congrats again! Now go get ya some more sex! 🙂 

• Like 2