• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out today I have hsv 2

I have been with may boyfriend now husband 15 years and just found out today I have hsv2.  I am 48 and have been battling with a lot of female issues the last couple years probably hormone related.  My husband does not show any signs of an infection.  Could I have contracted this 20 years ago and never given it to him? How could that be?  I have never had an outbreak before.  I have had times where I had some swelling over the past 5 years that was mild and went away right away.  But again I have been with the same partner for 15 years.  Could he have it and also not know about it and gave it me and then I had an outbreak? Needless to say this is a bad day for us both.  We have sex quite often and I have never seen anything on him.  Now I am wondering if he cheated and didn’t know he had it and had no symptoms and gave it to me.  I’m really upset.  I know it will be okay just more upset about if he cheated.  My doc is giving me Valtrex.  I’m already a week post outbreak and getting better.  Do I really need to take the medicine if I am basically almost better? I also only had one small spot but a huge swelling.  No other symptoms.  They prescribed 1000mg twice a day I don’t want to get side effects from this medicine and scared to take it.  I am also detoxing from estrogen dominance so I wonder if this brought the virus out of me and I never knew it.  Any insight would be most appreciated.