• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ladies: How to know if you're having a herpes outbreak or symptoms?

I know you specifically asked for ladies to reply, so feel free to kick me out of your Ladies Club. ;)

When it comes to outbreaks in general, you're going to want to pay attention to your own body and what it feels like around the spot where you normally get outbreaks (future outbreaks tend to stay in the same area). If you feel an itchiness, burning, pain in your thighs/upper back/butt, etc. you won't know if that's signaling that a herpes outbreak is coming on unless the outbreak actually happens. So stay aware of whatever sensations are happening so you can get to know your own body's way of telling you an outbreak is coming on. That's why initially, I don't suggest going on suppressive medication. It's important to get to know your outbreaks and the symptoms that lead up to them so you can protect future partners with that knowledge.

Does this help?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hi ,

Adrial is right but in one point i disagree.Adrial you alway say that the outbreak are at the same point , maybe there is a diffrence between hsv 1 and 2 but i do get outbreaks on diffrent areas, it change to every outbreak.Sometimes i get it to the upper or lower part of my private area :) there are some point where i get more often outbreaks but it always change a bit , naybe this only count for herpes 1 , not sure (maybe you have some statistic on that :):) would be great .Thanks Judith

Hey Judith, notice that I said herpes outbreaks "tend to" stay in the same spot. For some, they move around a bit. That's because the way that genital herpes travels from the base of the spine (where it hibernates in between herpes outbreaks) and the skin is through the nerves. Most of the time, herpes will take exactly the same route in the nerves and show up in exactly the same place, while other times it will take a slightly different route and show up in a different place. For the majority of people, herpes stays in the same place. And it doesn't matter whether it's HSV-1 or HSV-2. Both strains of herpes travel the same way in the nerves. Does that help clarify things, Judith?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thanks guys. I've only had one blister that during the initial outbreak back in February. The only way I can describe it is that feel dirty in that area. I did notice a small spot that looks like a really small white head. It's located on the opposite side from where I had the original ob on the upper thigh/ bikini line. I'm really not itchy but it does feel a bit swollen. I messed around with a friend so I'm not sure if this caused it. Or if its something else. I also noticed between yesterday and today I have small pain in my lower stomach. Not constant in the area where I would probably feel my cramps.

Hi ,

if you have like a small white head bumbs it really sounds like herpes, what else it can be...i have a friend who never get symptoms before he get an outbreak but at one point H show it face , you never know. I can feel it before but little white bumbs sound really like H.so if you have it you know

If you have a physical symptom like a small white bump, then why not just go to the doctor/clinic and have it swabbed and tested for herpes. Done. Badda bing, badda boom. No more wondering! :)

Helpful resources:

Ah, got it. Well next time something like that appears, definitely get an appointment with the doctor ASAP so you can know for sure. It doesn't help to worry about something that you can get a definitive answer to. Knowledge isn't only power ... it also soothes the mind by knowing the truth instead of going back and forth and being confused. A lot of wasted energy goes into worrying.

Helpful resources: