• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Normal to have a painless outbreak?

Can you describe what you think is an outbreak? The outbreaks themselves with sores can be painless for folks; it’s when the sores break open and then start scabbing over where the stinging and itching tends to get more pronounced. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

On 8/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, mr_hopp said:

Can you describe what you think is an outbreak? The outbreaks themselves with sores can be painless for folks; it’s when the sores break open and then start scabbing over where the stinging and itching tends to get more pronounced. 

Sorry I add up to this thread, I am diagnosed with hsv2. Never had "big" noticeables outbreaks but have lot of issues: penis head skin seems almost everyday "bumpy" sometimes tiny bumps specially on a side that never crust (they didn't crust even in first ob if don't remember wrong). Could HSV2 leave skin forever changed? like it becomes hyper-sensitive?

Also I am experiencing a back/leg pain after tiny hernia 'cause lifted a small weight wrongly and is taking lot to recover. Is possible that HSv2 interferes with muscles for more than normal outbreaks timing (more than a week or so?).

Thanks

@LoveLiveLonely, can you talk to your doctor about the symptoms you are having, and also about getting testing that would reveal the type you have? It's really good to have clarity about your status and it sometimes takes some footwork to get there, but knowing your true status should be a right that your doctor will help you with, and then you can more easily figure out what is happening for you and whether it's truly an outbreak or something else.

@MarsAttack there are a lot of things that can happen with skin that have nothing to do with H, but if it's an ongoing issue or if it's causing you concern it would be good to have it looked at by a doctor who can help you find clarity. About the leg pain, sometimes H does cause people nerve pain in the leg, but if you have had a hernia from strain I think it's safe to assume it is related to the muscles (I am not sure if H interferes with muscles at all, but I do know that when we have H we tend to focus on it as the reason for a host of physical symptoms when it's not really the problem . . . it's just so mysterious to us that we worry, but our bodies are going to have all the same normal aches and pains, too).

• Like 1

thanks @makepeacewithit for your answer. I am sure I felt a "strap" lifting stuff on my back, took also a MRI scan on the back (not on knee though where now, one month later, I Feel more discomfort) and it showed a LITTLE hernia. My concern is that hsv2 made worse a condition created by hernia... do you think is possible?

About my glans skin I really don't know... I start to think my levels of hsv2 are enough to give me constant obs but not enough to be serious enough for pain and scab... LOL

Thanks

On 8/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, mr_hopp said:

I have type one. I'll have bump in my downstair area. it doesnt hurt it just bothers me because its there. also, i have had this same  ob *bump since i was diagnosed which was last year. its just there. nothing has changes