• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosing to sexual partners

Hey all. I’ve had hsv2 for 2 years now, and I’ve always disclosed to anyone that I potentially wanted to have sex with. But now that I’ve had it for 2 years, I’m just wondering if that’s really necessary? I obviously don’t want to give it to anyone else, but I take Valtrex every day along with vitamins that fight viruses, and always use condoms. If I’m taking all the right precautions do I still need to disclose? I know it’s harder for men to contract hsv2 than it is for women to get it. And I have had sexual partners that I disclosed to that didn’t even care about wearing a condom knowing I have it, and never got it. So I’m just trying to get some advice regarding that. Not like I sleep around all the time with random men, but I do like to have an active sex life. No judgements please, just honest comments. Thank you!

Yes, it's necessary.

(And I applaud you for asking! Because a lot of people have this question and are afraid to ask it.)

Here's why it's necessary: There is always a chance of passing herpes. (Even with proper precautions, avoiding sex during active outbreaks, using condoms and daily suppressive medication, there's a 1% chance per year of a man getting herpes from his herpes-positive partner.) Download the e-book & handouts here to get the handouts and see all the facts: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook 

To get perspective on this, just think if the roles were reversed and you were going to have sex with a guy who had a transmissible STI. Would you want him to disclose to you even if there's a 1% chance of him gifting you with a lil something? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: