• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does anybody have hsv2 but have no outbreaks

I have been diagnosed with hsv2 since December of last year I’m just wondering do I really have it or not or do I actually have Ghsv1 my initial ob systoms felt like I had a common cold and I had a few bumps but ever since then I haven’t felt anything or is it I just have a weak strain of hsv 2 is there a test out there that is accurate because I got a blood test and it was positive but acouple weeks I was at the doctors and they drew blood and the doctor said my blood was clean im confused does anybody know?

I do. My tests were wacky in the beginning. I had a positive but barely. I was on the borderline, so my OBGYN tested new again. The next test was negative. The tests alternated between positive and negative for a while. Now, they’re all negative.

i haven’t had a observable outbreak. I’m operate like I have it. My husband believes I don’t have it because he’s been negative for the past 5 years. 

I am confused, but now it seems as if I’ve infected my baby. So, I have something. 

On 3/28/2020 at 5:18 PM, HopefulHerpy said:

I do. My tests were wacky in the beginning. I had a positive but barely. I was on the borderline, so my OBGYN tested new again. The next test was negative. The tests alternated between positive and negative for a while. Now, they’re all negative.

i haven’t had a observable outbreak. I’m operate like I have it. My husband believes I don’t have it because he’s been negative for the past 5 years. 

I am confused, but now it seems as if I’ve infected my baby. So, I have something. 

That’s crazy I hope your baby is ok but I’m confused nobody has said anything about me infecting them or anything then I take a herpes test and they say I have it but ever since December I haven’t had an outbreak and even in my blood test the doctor said I was clean 

I was diagnosed around the same time as you just a few months before. Honestly the first diagnosis was the worst I’ve ever had. Ever since, the only indication I remember that I have it is when someone mentions the word itself or I get a minor itch never anything constant always random. I never got retested after my first initial blood test and my boyfriend of almost a year after I got diagnosed never was tested positive but I know it had to be from him. He still loves me no matter what thank god. However, I never tested again because I never felt I should test again, the medication helped and I don’t usually feel any effects from having it so I can say I am lucky in that aspect. I never thought it could be anything else other than what the doctors and test told me, now I wonder if I should test again.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:58 PM, Scropioking said:

That’s crazy I hope your baby is ok but I’m confused nobody has said anything about me infecting them or anything then I take a herpes test and they say I have it but ever since December I haven’t had an outbreak and even in my blood test the doctor said I was clean 

Thank you for the well wishes. I guess I’ll never know unless I get a Western Blot. I had a spinal tap because I felt bad once and I thought for sure the virus would’ve been detected. The results came back negative. My mouth dropped. 

when I asked the doctor about the results, he informed me that if I had HSV1/2 it would’ve shown during the analysis of the spinal fluid. SMH! 

My husband and I were shocked; well, mostly me because my husband believes that I don’t have HSV. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got diagnosed with HSV-2 in October from a blood test. My doctor didn’t tell me the antibody level, but he said that I had HSV-2 caused by HSV-2. I have only had sex with 3 people & two of them were steady partners, one of which we lost or virginities to each other. One of the 3 was a fling and so I assumed it had to be from him. That would make me infected for about a year before my diagnoses. It came as a shock to me as I have never had any symptoms or reason to believe I had an STD. Even after the diagnosis I have not had an outbreak or any symptoms consistent with genital herpes. I am not sure if this is because I am lucky enough to be asymptomatic, or if I really do not have the virus & was falsely diagnosed. My current boyfriend whom I’ve been with for almost 2 years now has also not had any symptoms (we have had unprotected sex so I assumed if I am infected he might be aswell) 

While I know that this virus affects people differently, I find it strange that we both have the virus but neither of us have had any type of symptom or sign that can definitely prove we have it. 

It has now been 7 months since my original diagnosis and I am waiting to get in contact with my doctor to ask him about my antibody levels & depending on that answer, ask for further testing. I am not even sure what type of test he ran because when he told me I was infected, he did not tell me any of that information. At the time I could not even think of asking all those questions because I knew nothing about this virus & was honestly in too much shock to even speak up. 

If I do have it, then I guess it is possible for someone to have the virus but never experience symptoms or an outbreak. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yes see I mean even my first outbreak was just a cold and one small bump but ever since then I don’t get an outbreak my girlfriend has hsv 2 as well she’s had an ob but it’s only like 2 bumps but I haven’t had to take antivirals or anything my bottle is still full so I’m just confused I might be asymptomatic or idk my hsv 2 levels are very low