• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes symptoms confusing me HSV1 oral help

SKIP to questions if you don’t want to read background Hi I was diagnosed with herpes in December  2019, I got the virus from kissing a guy who didn’t disclose his status to me but thinking back I know that he knew because he would always take some medication randomly, like he would jump up to run get them but never showed me so I guess that was him experiencing Prodrome symptoms and attempting to catch it Before the cold sore erupts. I still have not confronted him about what he did to me I’m so angry, we work together and he still acts like everything is ok flirting with me etc. 

anyway I came down with mild flu symptoms while on vacation in December , body aches, low fever, tired But just for 2 days and a few days later my lips started tingling. I googled and herpes immediately came up I was scared shitless. I waited and waited and waited but never got a cold sore.  I also experience itching down below but never a sore 

I went to my doctor who checked my lip and mouth and said it can’t be herpes if there is no sore but she swabbed my lip anyway and a few days later she called to confirm hsv1. I felt my world shatter I kept trying to wake up from this nightmare. Of course it’s not so horrible having this virus but I would prefer not to have it. 
My outbreak seemed to have been lip tingles which lasted weeks and I have a few painless lesions in my mouth inside my cheeks and lips like small paper cuts that didn’t hurt, I also had bad headaches almost everyday.

fast forward I think I am having another outbreak but again no sore and I am waiting for one to pop up. I have the headaches, itch down below, lesions all in mouth , lip tingles . I also see tiny bumps around the border of my lip barely noticeable but I have discomfort such as burning and tingling There

QUESTIONS 

1. is this typical for an outbreak in the beginning ? Will I ever get cold sores ? (I’ve only gotten sores inside my mouth) Does anyone only experience tingles as an outbreak?

2. the tiny bumps forming around my lip are they permanent has anyone experienced this?

3. Am I still contagious after the sores in my mouth are gone but my lip still tingles ? (Current situation) . I don’t want to pass this to my partner 

Even If you cannot relate to this please share your experience with oral hsv1 I feel so alone and don’t know what to expect 

I’m currently taking 3000mg of L-lysine 3 times a day during this outbreak and I normally take 3000mg once a day to prevent. I have valacyclovir that I take for 5 days during outbreak I don’t want to get suppressive therapy until I learn this virus and how it affects me.

i take vitamin c, probiotics, vitamin d3, vitamin b6 as well. 
I’m also pescatarian only eat fish occasionally. No meats 
I use herpecin lip balm and also abreeva on my lips when I think I am having an outbreak but I’m not really sure if I am

please any input would be appreciated 

Short explanation, everyone has a different experience. But yes, we’re always contagious regardless, only thing that changes is transmission rate. I cant speak to the bumps part. I have confirmed type 2 genital & bumps only come during an active outbreak then leave. I have had oral issues but nothing to where i assume its herpes related but i am sure it is. Really painful sore throat on one side that a DR once said it’s viral & wasn’t strep etc, so I believe that was an oral herpes outbreak. I believe i only got those when the scumbag was having his own outbreaks, or prodrome symptoms or even just finished an outbreak, but never told me unless I interrogated him. Ughhhhh i hate him so much! Keep taking your supplements. I never took the suppressives. When i take my supplements consistently, i dont get outbreaks. 

14 minutes ago, _a_rayofsunshine_ said:

Short explanation, everyone has a different experience. But yes, we’re always contagious regardless, only thing that changes is transmission rate. I cant speak to the bumps part. I have confirmed type 2 genital & bumps only come during an active outbreak then leave. I have had oral issues but nothing to where i assume its herpes related but i am sure it is. Really painful sore throat on one side that a DR once said it’s viral & wasn’t strep etc, so I believe that was an oral herpes outbreak. I believe i only got those when the scumbag was having his own outbreaks, or prodrome symptoms or even just finished an outbreak, but never told me unless I interrogated him. Ughhhhh i hate him so much! Keep taking your supplements. I never took the suppressives. When i take my supplements consistently, i dont get outbreaks. 

Thank you for your reply! 
what do you mean by transmission rate? 

I have really strong negative feelings for the guy who gave me herpes too because he knew he had it! And it wasn’t even worth it; never had sex or were in a relationship. I think I could stand it just alittle more if it was WORTH it dammit. 
I took the meds when I first was diagnosed because I was terrified of having sores on my lip for everyone to see I am still paranoid I wake up every morning with a flashlight and mirror to check my mouth and lips it’s terrible 😞 I just want the visible outbreaks to stay away. I went ahead and ordered some vitamin b complex , magnesium with zinc and oil of oregano capsules. Going to try different things until I find what works. I think I will leave the meds alone unless absolutely nothing works.

There are percentages Of how likely you can pass it to someone else when 1) u have an outbreak and 2) you have prodrome symptoms. I don’t know the numbers because I personally just keep it simple by telling new guys 50-50 chance. However, no one has said they got anything, so there’s that. And yeah the guy who gave it to me didn’t say anything and i was stupid and had unprotected sex with him. He was a cop i knew through someone else 6 years prior and idk just being naive. 3 weeks after we had sex, i got a brazilian and literally that evening i had an outbreak. I thought it was from the waxing because she did yank hard. This man was so self centered and evil, when i was in pain he insisted on sex while im saying ouch, stop, etc. Went to the GYN 3 days later and he looked at me and said it looks like herpes. He swabbed it and took my blood and within a few days it was confirmed. Smh I told the stupid a** and at the time im like wow either he’s desperate (he was 50, i was 27) or he’s so kind to comfort me and stick around. What really pissed me off was 8 months later, i finally asked him if he ever had an outbreak and it was like pulling teeth, he didn’t want to be straight up about it and he said yeah 6 months ago I did. I said why didnt u tell me?! He was my biggest mistake. 2 years wasted, herpes, he put his hands on me, lost his job due to it, lied to me, used me... i could be married with kids by now if I didn’t give him the time of day sunday. march 2018. Im currently experiencing an outbreak now AND on my period so im extra fueled with anger. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Jayyy,

Wow, I had a very similar experience. So comforting to read. I had tingling that lasted for weeks on my lips no sore and small canker sores inside my mouth. I also had tingling and extreme pain down there there but no sores. I visited the doctor 3 times over the course of the weeks I was experiencing this and each time to be told that I was fine. I did viral swabs and blood test and they all came back negative.... But I swear what you're describing is the exact same thing I have.  I too would wake up with look at my lips with a flashlight and take photos down there obsessively to try to find something.  I am currently suffering mentally from this traumic experience and by doctors telling me it was nothing. There doesn't seem to be any information online about this experience with no sores which makes it extra confusing. Thanks @Jayyy