• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

second herpes disclosure...it seems to get easier everytime

Its almost going to be a year since I found out Ii have herpes. It has change my life but in a positive way. After all the negative thoughts that went through my mind I took some time to be alone and I got to know myself better. This experience made me stronger and I like the way I feel. I'm thankful because I haven't had an outbreak and is almost going to be a year now. My first disclosure went well but we stop talking I must admit it got me sad but that was his decision. My second disclosure was less hard and I'm still talking to him I do get nervous but I'm just seeing how things go.

:) This feels so good to hear, Jessi! I'll never forget your transformation from shy and reserved to POWERFUL JAGUAR on our Herpes Opportunity weekend together. Wow.

And I'm super proud of you for continuing to educate others that herpes ain't that big a deal at health fairs and the like. Inspiring. You rock, sista.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you for sharing this. I just got diagnosed 2 days ago and all im looking for is hope and strength. This is really motivating for me. I know its going to take time but I want to be as positive about it too, although its kind of hard still. Im going out with someone whom I believe passed it on to me. Ive been so down that I havent even wanted to see him much less comfront him about it because im afraid of his reaction. I do have strong feelings for him and im not upset with him. I just dont know how to comfront him about this situation.