• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does hair removal trigger herpes outbreaks?

Hi all 😊

Just a wee question regarding hair removal down below. In the past, I have always shaved but have the fear that it may trigger another outbreak as I've just healed from my very first one. (Ooooft, that was a nightmare). I've heard waxing and laser can be a trigger but what about hair removal creams? Anyone had experience of doing this and was there an flare up? I like to have no hair at all around the genital region as it makes me itchy and uncomfortable. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Hello! 

I hope you are well. 

Hooray, you made it through the first outbreak! 🥳

Great question. Technically, all those things could trigger an outbreak, but the most painful ones (waxing or shaving) would most likely be the ones to potentially trigger an outbreak. I have never tried hair removal cream because I have sensitive skin and I worry the chemicals in it would irritate my skin. 

If you do want to try a hair removal cream product, make sure to read the ingredients and you are comfortable with them and you aren't allergic to anything, ensure the company is legit/trusted, and test it on a small area of skin first (even your thigh or arm) to make sure you won't break out. 

I hope this helps!! 

Blessings ☀️🌼🌻 !!!

grace

• Thanks 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Does hair removal trigger herpes outbreaks?