• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

from rejected to accepted?

Hello!

This is common. I'm sorry that you went through that roller coaster of emotions. People often judge too quickly and act impulsively when they hear the news that we have H. After they are calm and actually do research and think about things, they may come to realize H is nothing to be afraid of. You can definitely explain how they made you feel, and then if you choose to be with this person you can be with them. You should always advocate for yourself and let someone know if they hurt your feelings! 

Blessings to you! ❤️ 

grace

• Like 1

Thank you for replying. This Is just something I've been hoping for. He was never really clear about his thoughts. I thought I did a pretty great job explaining H etc. I let him know that if he needs time or has questions I completely understand. He said how amazing I am and that he would probably just need time to process this. For about 2 weeks, he became more distant and texting wasn't the same. I finally said that I didn't want to just be a texting buddy and if he ever changes his mind to not hesitate and reach out. He made sure to tell me that it would be hard to remain just friends with me because he had begun developing feelings and that he thinks/hopes everything will pan out with time. I just don't get it. That last text conversation was 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Hi! 

That is so odd... it seems like he needed to make up his mind and he was too cowardly to tell you his choice. It is not right to string someone along while making a decision. It just isn't right, and I'm sorry he behaved this way. It's a reflection of HIM, not of you! ❤️  Actions speak louder than words. Him not reaching out for two weeks indicates he is not serious and frankly is a waste of your time!

Stay strong and move on. You deserve way better! ❤️ 

Blessings!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to read this I think for some people it is really hard. It is no reflection on you, it can just be very difficult for some people.

My partner sometimes has extreme anxiety around catching hsv2, mainly when we are apart for some time. But ultimately we've been together over 2 years and we hope to get married. So it does happen.
Wishing you all the best.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fatladysangnocure

No. That is unfortunately, not common. The "stigma" attached to something that causes so much pain(Physical/Mental/Emotionally), and has no "cure", is definately not something that the majority of the NON STD people will accept.