• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What do I have, please offer advice

It started back in 2015 when I had a BJ by a woman and 15 days later got horribly sick with a flu like syndrome and blisters all over my penis. That lasted for three weeks. I was swabbed and it came back negative. I took valtrex for a couple of weeks and then stopped. After the initial outbreak I would have reoccurring burning scrotal pain about twice a year after stressful events. I had both the western blot and regular antibody tests done multiple times a year afterwards and they were negative. I continued with these outbreaks until 3 years later when I have sex with another woman and a month later I had my typical outbreak of burning scrotum and then it went crazy. I had small blisters on my penis, anus, buttocks. This lasted for four months. It was almost like I was having multiple one week outbreaks. I again had a negative swab. After the initial four months it went away for two months and then came back for three weeks and again went away for two months but then came back and there 90% of the time. I will have an outbreak for two weeks with only a few normal days between. Thus, I’m having like 30 outbreaks a year. I again did the western blot and regular antibody tests but on multiple times they were negative. I ordered at home swabs and after 7 swabs, all were negative. I have tried valtrex up to 2 grams a day with no relief. I asked Terri in the herpes forum and she says to believe the blot but I think it is wrong. Not only do I think it is wrong but I think I have both type 1 and 2 but I can’t prove it. Has anyone had a similar situation with all negative tests? 
thanks

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing with recurrent symptoms and negative test results. It can be incredibly frustrating when your experiences don't align with the test outcomes. I'm not a medical professional, but I can try to offer some insights and support.

It's odd that the symptoms seem to be herpes, but you've continually gotten negative tests. A lot of herpes testing can sometimes yield false negatives, but Western Blot is the gold standard so I'm with Terri on trusting it, especially if you've gotten multiple WBs and swabs and they all say negative. 

In a situation like yours, it might be best to consult with an in-person healthcare professional who specializes in infectious diseases or sexual health. Have you done that yet? They can carefully evaluate your symptoms, medical history, and test results to provide a comprehensive assessment and potentially explore alternative explanations for your recurrent symptoms.

In the meantime, managing stress, practicing self-care, and adopting a healthy lifestyle can potentially help alleviate some of the discomfort associated with your symptoms. Taking care of your overall well-being is crucial.

I hope you find the answers and relief you're seeking. Keep pushing for answers, and know that you're not alone in your journey. Keep us updated on what you find!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

It isn’t fungus, it isn’t scabies, I have been treated for everything and I have spoken to experts who simply don’t know but tell me to trust the blot. Obviously, if a swab is positive then it’s 100% accurate but only if the swab catches it. I was just curious if there is anyone else out there who has a negative blot but has hsv.