• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

the guy i thought gave me herpes is negative

my results show that i have hsv 1 and 2 and hpv. the guy had unprotected sex with me, my friend saw his results and he is negative for all. he had a pimple on his lip, which is why i thought it had to be him.

i had protected sex with a guy after him, but he had nothing on his lip and he is getting tested again, he told me he got tested during summer and he was negative for all.

Could it be that the previous one got a false negative?

So you had an IgM as well as IgG test? Most don't use the IgM (which tests for recent exposure) because of the number of false results... there is no way the IgG can tell you if you had a recent infection.

Also, if either guy had been recently exposed they could have come up negative too... it can take 4-6 months for the person to get enough antibodies to show up as positive in the results