• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

my epiphany..... herpes is, in fact, a joke

OMG! The video was great, funny in an educational way. Tactfully done. Definitely why it is passed around.

Very shortly after I was diagnosed I was sitting at a bar with a friend (my possible giver, he is one for I don't know so I don't have). A guy standing on the other side of me ordered bunch of drinks for his friends and yelled out herpes for everyone. My friend kicked me, as I turned and looked at him, he raised his eyebrow with a head motion. My response was said with a facial expression. I felt insulted. First time in my life I heard a herpes joke in public and I won't forget how it made me feel.

@Cars85 you have definitely met many males that have it :) they are either in denial as Dane points out or they don't know they have it or aren't admitting it! Bottom line.... we have it and we know it so finding the humor in it and owning it is the only reasonable option. Thanks for the Amy Schumer post, I always enjoy good humor regardless of the topic!

@fitgirl hehe, I know, my point exactly! I guess I was trying to comment on how it seems like myself and all my h+ girlfriends immaculately conceived herpes for ourselves like virgin maryʻs (or harryʻs? hehe) based upon the amount of men who have openly disclosed the virus. I agree tho, owning it really is the only reasonable option and Iʻm glad you enjoyed the Amy Schumer post -- sheʻs hilarious!

• 3 months later...
I was having drinks with friends (that didn't know at the time) and one let me take a sip from his drink and when I did he said 'now you have herpes'. I so wanted to say, 'you don't know how right you are' or 'seriously, now you do'. But I laughed. He was German and German's aren't generally known for their humor. :)

I needed this. It made me laugh out loud so thank you for sharing. Laughter is the true cure right