• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

how do i know i am having a herpes outbreak

is the only way to tell if i am having an outbreak is when i urinate it burns? the reason i ask is because me and my boyfriend recently had sex a few days ago and are now both itching below the belt. does anyone know what this could mean? my boyfriend was just tested recently he was positive for herpes 1 and i was positive for herpes 2. Today he looked down and had a small cut on his balls (sorry to be blunt) but he is unsure if its herpes or not. we both take valacyclovir everyday and i thought if you both take the medicine every day he wouldn't be able to get herpes 2. sorry i know this is alot of questions but if anyone has any insight i'd really appreciate it.

Burning can be a symptom as can blisters, rashes, itches, you name it. It's a long list.

Yes, small "cuts" can be a symptom of herpes. In fact, it's a very common one, and they hurt like a son of a gun. Fortunately, those tend to go away rather quickly as opposed to the blisters which like to linger for a few days to a week at a time.

You have 2 and he has 1? You need to be using condoms, dental dams, and avoiding sex during prodomes and outbreaks. You can each acquire the other's infections even though you are taking suppressive medication. Is your risk lower? Yes, but you need to further reduce the risk. The only way to know if that's happened is for you to get a blood test as there's no way to tell whether the symptoms are being caused by one or two.

wow really..i was having like a white discharge but the itchinness has stopped as has my boyfriends. i called my gyno today and they told me over the phone its probably a yeast infection. but i'm really not sure and now that you say i could have been having an outbreak as could he have it may make sense but i really dont know what to think now

You can get HSV-1 or HSV-2 without any symptoms being present - meds help reduce risk, avoiding intimacy with any type of symptoms reduces risk, condoms reduce risk - both of you in this situation can/should do some or all of those things to reduce the risk of transmission of both HSV-1 and HSV-2 . . . but there is still going to be a small degree of risk anyway, even doing all of the above . . . because nothing is proven to be 100% effective (aside from abstinence) . . . also probably a good idea to get tested if there's any doubt, in order to see what's what . . .

1) White discharge = Get the too a Dr. There are lots of things that that could be. And it's not to be messed with.

2) also do you know if its true if the only way he can get 2 is if we have sex when im having an outbreak? or can he catch it even if i am not having an outbreak

Honey, have you read the handouts? ( http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout ) Or the other discussions on here (TONS of them) that talk about Asymptomatic shedding??? One of the things we stress here is that you CAN pass it on between OB's. Look at the handout, and use the search bar (in the blue section) for shedding discussions... as well as this Blog about shedding http://herpeslife.com/what-is-herpes-asymptomatic-viral-shedding/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0 . It's really important that you understand this part :)

(((HUGS)))

I love all the information on this site. I was told by my primary care physician that I'm only contagious when sores are present(I'm in the process of picking a new primary care physician). Clearly there's so much misinformation out there. Unfortunately I've never had an outbreak or one that I've noticed, so I have no clue what my triggers are. But I'm fortunate enough to have access to some good info and know that I can be contagious at any given time.

msmee.... can you send the CDC website info and our handouts to your old Primary Care Dr? We really need to get these Dr's educated ... that is half the reason this thing is getting spread around...because of misinformation from the people we trust to KNOW the truth (as we currently know it... with CURRENTLY being the operative word!).

http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm - point out the part under "How do people get genital herpes?" that says "The viruses can also be released from skin that does not appear to have a sore. Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission can occur from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected."

Just like the Gay population and those with HIV, the only way we can change things is to educate the ignorant. Even if they are our Dr's :(

(((HUGS)))