• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Antiviral Side Effects and Costs

I am soooo against medicines unless I'm dying or have a serious infection so to even consider taking this has me totally upset....however, I feel like this H devil is all over the place and not being consistent plus my honeymoon is in two weeks. Any recommendations on the best pharmacy to go to in Ohio/Midwest area for pricing?? Has anybody experienced ill side effects? I am going to do the 2 pills for 5 days because apparently I have a new ob in diff spots...then maybe do the suppressive for a while??

Acyclovir isn't horridly expensive. If you dont' have insurance, go online and google "Prescription discount card" and see if your state has this program - it can really reduce the price of the meds by up to 75%

Some do have side effects... I'll let them comment. I'm a total drug phobe and rarely take anything but I've gone on anti-virals for my partners sakes for years at a time with no ill side effects. I'll post something I read later (heading out the door so dont' have time to look it up) that explained why Acyclovir is so safe...

And if you can, go online and get some Ammonium Alum. It's pretty cheap but not easy to find nowadays... powder form ... just put a little on your finger then dab it on the sores. Dries the little suckers right up. Add to a little aloe or zinc cream if the blisters haven't opened. If they are open it may sting a bit, so be prepared to dance around the bathroom for a minute...but I found it knocks it right down.

I'm seriously thinking of concocting a power with that and a few other things that dry things out and seeing if it works for H... but for now, if you can get it, I think it may help you out

@tsv33

I can't tell you anything about pricing, because I live in the Netherlands. Doctor told me it’s quite expensive but over here the insurance company is paying for it. We don’t get to see the price in these cases. We only know what the costs are for meds when something isn’t paid by the insurance. However, I can tell you something about having any side effects....

I'm on a high doses Valaciclovir (Valtrex) for a couple of weeks now. 2000 mg a day. I've experienced some headache the first, approximately, 3 days but that was about it. After those days I didn’t had any other side effects.