• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So many questions

I havent posted on here for awhile but i read what everyone else has been posting daily. I am grateful for this site it has been a comfort. I again have been experiencing discomfort vaginally and also in my rectum for a at least three weeks. The skin is red in the area between the labia. Not much to be seen near my rectum but it is always uncomfotable. I have been taking 500 mg of acyclovir

daily for several months. With all that said i have vaginal atrophy due to menopause so i am unsure if my issues are herpes related or menopause related. I also have a history of having a fisure...ugh. I just want to feel normal down there. I have no sores or bumps. Any input would be appreciated.

I also want to add that i have was diagnosed four years ago and likely contracted it two years prior to my diagnosis, i would think i would have enough antibodies to keep any ob short but this has been going on a ling time. I went to planned parenthood and they said the redness did not look like herpes but i just dont trust because from what i have read herpes can look like anything

@felareed..

Sounds like time for a trip to the OBGYN to see if menopause is part of the issue.... they have bioidentical hormones now that are compounded especially for you that you put on your skin that may help....it's a much better way to balance the hormones in a way that doesn't have the same negative effects that hormones had in the past.

Thanks Dancer, i made an appointment for next monday. I am extra concerned about this because i am in a new relationship. He knows my status but we havent been intimate yet and i want to keep him safe but it is hard when you have chronic discomfort but none of the typical signs, we know how sneaky this is and it has been said before how it is different for everyone